The Illinois workers’ compensation and medical malpractice community where saddened to hear news of a leading Illinois lawyer suffering severe injuries in an airplane crash in Florida. Both the pilot and co-pilot crashed into a Publix store in DeLand, Florida last Monday and remain in critical condition at Orlando Regional Medical Center.
Mr. Presbrey is the managing partner of Presbrey & Associates, P.C. He has practiced law in the field of workers' compensation since 1977. He is
· Past President of the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association,
· Member of the Board of Governors for the Illinois State Bar Association,
· Member of the Workers' Compensation Section of the Illinois State Bar Association,
· Vice President of the Workplace Injury Litigation Group and
· Past Secretary and current section member of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America Workers' Compensation Section.
Kim Presbrey is also the co-author of Illinois Workers' Compensation Guidebook (LexisNexis) and a member of the Larson's National Workers' Compensation Advisory Board.
Kim is also a founding member of a medical malpractice insurance company that he started in December 2006.
His wife and family are at the hospital monitoring his recovery. The attorneys and staff of Keefe, Campbell & Associates collectively extend our hopes and prayers to him and his family for a speedy recovery.